Understanding Sustainability & the Jargon
Here at Bar One Clothing, sustainability and the effect it has on the environment is one of our core beliefs. We are working hard to bring you some of the most eco-friendly products that are all constructed to the highest quality. From Stanley/Stella to Earth Positive and many brands inbetween, everyone is getting on board. There is no denying that organic and sustainable clothing has become a big part of the industry. But there is a lot of jargon that can sometimes be confusing, so we have compiled a small glossary to help you.
- Sustainability - Sustainability is how we can change the world. It means meeting our own needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.
- Compostable - This is when something is capable of disintegrating into natural elements in a compost environment, resulting in the soil having no toxicity.
- Biodegradable - This means that something capable of being broken down by bacteria or other living organisms. Newspapers are biodegradable for example.
- Recycling - This is a term that has been used a lot in recent times, it is the process of waste being discarded and converted into a reusable material.
- Organic - The origin of this word is when a farmed material is produced without using chemical fertilizers or other enhancers that damage the environment.
- Vegan - A vegan product is an item that contains no trace of animals in its making.
Many of the garments we have to offer are PETA - Approved Vegan and are made from organic materials. We are here to assist with all your sustainable clothing needs, from T-Shirts to Shorts, Sweatshirts to Vests and much much more!